KANSAS VISION FOR HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION
A successful Kansas high school graduate has the academic preparation, cognitive preparation, technical skills, employability skills, and civic engagement to be successful in postsecondary education, in the attainment of an industry recognized certification, or in the workforce, without the need for remediation.
SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT VISION STATEMENT
Dodge City Middle School will foster a culture with independent learning where students can achieve their full potential in academics, personal, physical and moral development in the 21st Century.
SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT MISSION STATEMENTS
Dodge City Middle School strongly adheres to a vision of student learning, a vision that acts as a consistently articulated and referenced guidepost in making decisions about teaching and learning. To this vision we have set our school improvement mission statements to meet the Kansas Quality Performance Assessment standards in the following five areas:
- Relationships: We will provide protective factors designed to bond community and school by fostering caring relationships between adults and children as well as between peers, setting high expectations, and providing the support needed to meet those expectations.
- Relevance: We will understand the importance of developing career ready students, who thrive in school, by empowering them to think critically, solve problems, synthesize information, communicate effectively, and work well on a team.
- Responsive Culture: We believe there is a strong relationship between culture and motivation as our teachers create curriculum around current events, personal backgrounds, and historical realities, while emphasizing competency in twenty-first-century skills.
- Results: We will focus on the results of student learning using multiple indicators so our teachers can adjust their practices and our school can offer personalized support to students.
- Rigor: We will employ a rigorous project-learning college & career ready curriculum that sets high expectations for everyone, by giving our students the skills to interpret and deepen their existing knowledge as a means to meet expectations through an enthusiasm for learning.