PROFESSIONAL LEARNING COMMUNITIES LEADERS 2017 - 2018
Professional Learning Communities (PLC) at Dodge City Middle School are central to the middle grades philosophy. The PLC is formed to look at student needs, learning styles, and grade level standards as parts of a whole and collaboratively improve teacher professional practices to achieve specific results in student learning. Our PLC approach includes decisions that all members of the team support about scheduling, staff development planning, and when and how to include interventions. We believe that professional learning communities and professional development should be integrated into practice to provide comprehensive impact on student learning. Our long term goal is to sustain attention to improvements in teaching and learning and to signal a broad conception of professional development encompassing the full range of activities, formal and informal, that engage teachers or administrators in new learning about their professional practice.
The responsibilities for Building Level PLC leaders are as follows:
- Review assessments to drive instructional practices ensuring mastery and application of standards.
- Equally, discuss the rigor of content and how to apply learning concepts to real world problems as a part of the assessment process.
- Dialogue on curriculum, common formative assessments, instruction and needed job-embedded professional development on lesson study and effective instructional strategies.
- Challenge and question each other's practice in spirited but optimistic ways.
- Collectively problems solve and learn through applying new ideas and information that address student needs.
- Analyze current practices in relation to student results, experiment with new practices, and assess the relationship between practice and the effects of practice.
- Work together to question, search, analyze, develop, test, and evaluate new skills, strategies, awareness, attitudes, and beliefs that promote student learning.
- Create Plans and Tasks
PLC/TEAM LEADER AGENDAS 2017 - 2018
Wednesday, August 17, 2017
Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
ELA KSDE Resources
Science KSDE Resources
Math KSDE Resources
History/Government/Social Studies KSDE Resources